Dreamy, Versatile Salad Dressing with Herbs
Fresh, earthy and herbaceous, this dressing hits all the right notes. This heavenly dressing is completely versatile – it’s just as at home gracing a bed of tender lettuces as it is a hearty composed salad. Home cooks who have long relied on olive oil as their go-to dressing staple will think again after they taste silky and irresistible extra virgin avocado oil. For a light taste, try making this recipe with California Grapeseed Oil.
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- a generous pinch flakey sea salt
- a few grinds of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon golden honey
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin avocado oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped tarragon or chervil
Place garlic, salt, black pepper, mustard, lemon juice, and honey in small mixing bowl. Whisk ingredients together - continue whisking as you slowly pour the avocado oil into the bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning as you’d like, adding a little more salt, pepper, and/or lemon juice to your liking.
Just before serving, whisk in the fresh herbs.
Enough for one salad, triple recipe for family sized salad.