Plentiful Veggie Wok with Cashews, Vegetables, Mushrooms & Rice Noodles
- 1 cup loosely packed cup Enoki or Bunashimeji mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped Crimini or Shitaki mushrooms
- 3 ounces sweet red, orange or yellow peppers, stems and seeds removed and sliced into thin strips
- 8 ounces baby bok choy, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 ounces pea shoots
- 6 ounces snap or snow peas
- 6 ounces baby broccoli/broccolini, trimmed and cut into bit-size florets
- optional: 6 small spicy whole chilies
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon CalPure California Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 ounces mung bean or rice vermicelli
- ¼ cup refined avocado oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallot
- flakey sea salt
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews
Prep and set aside: mushrooms, peppers, boy choy, pea snoots, peas, broccoli, chilies.
For the sauce: Mix together soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, avocado oil, rice wine vinegar, garlic, and ginger. Set aside.
Soak noodles in hot water.
Preheat wok over a high flame. When the pan is hot, add ¼ cup refined avocado oil and toss the shallots in the pan. Fry shallots until crisp and golden but not scorched. Remove fried shallots with tongs or a slotted spoon, lay them on a paper towel to soak up excess oil, season with a pinch of salt and set them aside for garnish.
Add all vegetables to the hot pan and toss to coat with the hot shallot-infused oil – cook, stirring continuously for a few minutes until the veg begin to wilt and become tender. Pour all of the sauce over the vegetables, stir to coat, and cover and cook for another 1-2 minute until veggies are tender and cooked to your liking. Finally, drain noodles and them to the pan. Taste for seasoning and add salt to taste.
Serve the stir fry with roasted cashews and fried shallots.