Kabocha Squash Quick Bread
These kabocha quick bread loaves in darling little pans make quick and healthy gifts. For a photo tutorial of how to bake this delicious fall or wintertime bread, visit Food in Jars blog.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 3/4 cups coconut or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups squash puree
- 1 cup extra virgin avocado oil
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degree. Grease two regular bread pans or four miniature bread pans.
- Whisk together the flours, sugar, spices, salt, and baking soda.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and add the squash puree, oil, eggs, and water. Stir to combine.
- Divide the batter between the prepared loaf pans and bake for 50 to 65 minutes. They're done when a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.